Neutral home Remedies for Common Cold: Cough and cold is a problem that comes with every changing season. Cough can be due to bacterial or viral infection, allergies or cold, to get rid of these problems,due to this, the problem of sore throat and flu also increases. Although, cough and cold can occur in any season, but it is not necessary to go to the doctor every time for these minor problems, because their treatment is present in our kitchen itself. Even today, many peoples rely only on the ingredients present in the kitchen when they have cold, cough and cold. These ingredients also provide many health benefits. There are many such home remedies in our kitchen, from which minor problems like cold-cough, cold-cough can be easily removed. There can be many reasons for suffering from a cold. Many people get cold due to change in weather, while many people also suffer from cold due to eating more cold things, living in moist environment. Usually people use allopathic medicine directly when they have a cold, but you can also treat cold with home remedies.
You Can also read………………………………..
Cold is also called Rhinitis or Nasopharyngitis. It is a disease caused by infection of the respiratory tract. In this the nose of the person is affected. Common cold is caused by virus infection. The most common cause of colds is rhinovirus infection. In cold, a person has to face problems like runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, nasal congestion.
Common Cold Symptoms
People have such problems in colds:-
- Runny nose
- Itching in Nose
- Sore throat
- Nasal congestion
- Headache and heaviness
- Burning eyes
Common Cold Causes
It is caused by virus infection. More than two hundred viruses have been known to cause colds, but mainly the following two viruses are responsible for the common cold.
- Coronavirus (in 15-30 percent of cases)
- Rhinovirus (in 30-80 percent of cases
You Can also read………………………………..
Neutral home Remedies for Common Cold
You can try these home remedies to cure a cold:-
Treatment of cold with the use of Turmeric and Milk: Neutral home Remedies for Common Cold
An essential ingredient found in almost all Indian kitchens, turmeric has a strong antioxidant which helps in treating many health problems. Turmeric mixed in warm milk is a popular and effective way to fight against cold and cough. Drinking a glass of warm turmeric milk before sleeping helps in faster recovery from cold and cough.
Haldi benefits for throat irritation
In case of sore throat, taking 2-5 grams powder of Ajmoda, Turmeric, Yavakshar and Chitrak with one spoon of honey ends sore throat.
Treatment of cold with the use of Basil: Neutral home Remedies for Common Cold
- Basil gives fruit like nectar in cold. In case of cough and cold, make a decoction by grinding 5-7 leaves by putting them in water. Drink this decoction.
- When the nose is closed, sniffing the basil leaves in a handkerchief opens the nose and provides relief.
- In case of cold in young children, lick 6-7 drops of ginger and basil juice mixed with honey. It is helpful in both opening the blocked nose and preventing runny nose.
Treatment of cold with the use of Fenugreek and flaxseed: Neutral home Remedies for Common Cold
Take 3-4 grams of fenugreek and flaxseed and boil it in a glass of water. When it boils well, then put 3-4 drops of it in both the nostrils. It gives relief in cold.
Treatment of cold with the use of Black Pepper: Neutral home Remedies for Common Cold
- Licking the powder of black pepper with honey provides relief in cold, and reduces runny nose.
- Mix half a teaspoon of black pepper powder and a teaspoon of sugar candy and drink it twice a day with a glass of warm milk.
Treatment of cold with the use of Mustard Oil: Neutral home Remedies for Common Cold
While sleeping, put 2-2 drops of almond rogan or mustard oil in both the nostrils and sle
Ginger: Home Remedies for Common Cold
Boil ginger in milk and drink in phlegmatic cough.
Licking ginger juice mixed with honey also provides relief in cold.
Grind 1-2 small pieces of ginger, 2 black peppercorns, 4 cloves and 5-7 fresh basil leaves and boil them in a glass of water. When it boils down to half a glass, then add a spoonful of honey and drink it.
Roast small pieces of ginger in desi ghee and grind it 3-4 times a day. This gives relief from the problem of runny nose.
Treatment of cold with the use Mixture of lemon, cinnamon and honey: Neutral home Remedies for Common Cold
Mixture of lemon, cinnamon and honey
Another effective home remedy for common cold and cough is a mixture of lemon, cinnamon and honey. This syrup effectively cures cold and cough.
How to make the syrup: In half spoon of honey, add a few drop of lemon and a pinch of cinnamon. Have this syrup twice a day to cure common cold and cough.
Home Remedies for Cold with Turmeric and carom seed (Ajwain) : Neutral home Remedies for Common Cold
Cook by adding ten grams of turmeric and ten grams of carom seeds in a cup of water. When the water remains half, add a little jaggery to it and drink it. This gives instant relief in cold and reduces watery nose.
Benefits of consuming ginger in winter (Ginger : Neutral home Remedies for Common Cold
Boil ginger in milk and drink it in cough with phlegm.
Licking ginger juice mixed with honey also provides relief in cold and flu.
Grind 1-2 small pieces of ginger, 2 black peppercorns, 4 cloves and 5-7 fresh basil leaves and boil them in a glass of water. When half a glass boils, add a spoonful of honey and drink it.
Roast small pieces of ginger in Native ghee and grind it 3-4 times a day.
It gives relief from the problem of runny nose.
You Can also read………………………………..
Garlic is beneficial in winter (Garlic: Neutral home Remedies for Common Cold
Garlic contains a chemical called allicin, which is anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal.
It cures cold and flu infections.
For this, roast 4-5 garlic buds in ghee and eat it.
You can also read……………………………….
Cow Ghee Benefits in Common Cold Treatment (Cow Ghee: Neutral home Remedies for Common Cold
Melt pure Native ghee of cow and put 2 drops in the nose in the morning.
Do this regularly for three months. Chronic cold also gets cured.
Raisin Benefits in Common Cold Treatment:Neutral home Remedies for Common Cold
Put 7-8 raisins in water and boil them.
When the water remains half, then take out the raisins and eat them, and drink the water.
This gives relief from the problem of runny nose.
Honey and brandy Benefits in Common Cold Treatment: Neutral home Remedies for Common Cold
Brandy is known to keep your chest warm as it increases body’s temperature and missing honey in brandy helps in fighting a cough.
Just a teaspoon of brandy mixed with few drops of honey improves cough and common cold.
Other Home Remedies to Cure Common Cold: Neutral home Remedies for Common Cold
- Take 4 grams each of dry ginger, small peepal Ficus religiosa) and small cardamom seeds and grind them with jaggery. Make small tablets of 1-1 grams of it. Taking one tablet at night with lukewarm water before going to bed cures cold.
- If you are troubled by a runny nose, take a decoction of 5-5 grams root of absinthe, dry ginger, Aduse and Kateri and drink it.
- Roasting the seeds of Kalonji on a griddle and wrapping it in a cloth gives relief by smelling it.
- Eat half a teaspoon of cinnamon mixed with a teaspoon of honey.
Your Diet in Common Cold Disease: Neutral home Remedies for Common Cold
During a cold, your diet should be like this:-
- Lick half spoon powder of radish seeds with honey.
- Eat ripe guava after roasting it lightly in the fire.
- Eat cumin powder mixed with ghee and sugar. This reduces watery nose.
- Grind nutmeg and mix a pinch of it in milk and drink it.
- Mix equal quantity of jaggery, ghee and dry ginger. Heat it and take one teaspoonful at bedtime.
Your Lifestyle for Common Cold Disease: Neutral home Remedies for Common Cold
Your lifestyle during a cold should be like this:-
- Do not take bath with cold water immediately after coming from hot environment.
- AC Don’t sit in
- Cold is a disease caused by infection, so wash your hands thoroughly before eating.
- Walk with face mask in dusty and pollution-laden environment.
- Do pranayama.
- Do Bhastrika and Kapalbhati daily for about 10-15 minutes.
Avoid these in Common Cold Disease: Neutral home Remedies for Common Cold
Do not consume cold and spicy things at all.
- Reduce the intake of curd and rice.
- Cold drinks, ice cream, very cold water and things made of ice should not be eaten.
- Do not eat stale food at all.
- Do not consume junk food and oily food.
- Eat seasonal fruits and vegetables.
Few precautionary measures in Common Cold Disease: Neutral home Remedies for Common Cold
- Avoid dairy products
- Stay clear off caffeine
- Do not eat spicy, processed and fried foods
- Increase your fluid intake
- Inhale steam
- Take rest
FAQ Related Common Cold
Why does a cold happen?
In Ayurveda, the cause of every disease is considered to be imbalance of doshas. In Ayurveda, cold is called Pratishyaya. The imbalance of vata and kapha dosha in your upper respiratory system leads to the problem of cold. If not treated properly, it becomes severe and painful.
How many days does a cold take to cure?
Common cold gets cured in 8-10 days with proper diet and home remedies. Its symptoms usually end within 6-10 days. Sometimes these symptoms can last up to 2 weeks. It is the most common infectious disease, occurring once or twice a year. Young children are more susceptible to infection, so it occurs more quickly in children.
When should a cold be considered serious?
If the cold lasts for more than 8-10 days, and the symptoms (sore throat and runny nose) become more severe, it can turn into a serious illness or sinusitis. In such a situation, a doctor should be contacted immediately.
What serious illness is a cold a symptom of?
If the cold persists for a long time, and nasal congestion or runny nose, headache, weakening of the sense of smell, then it can also be sinusitis. It is a serious disease different from the common cold. Sinusitis is mainly caused by pollution, smoking and infection. In this disease, there is inflammation and allergies on the inner surface of the sinus. This inflammation is caused by infection with bacteria or viruses.
You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter to read more such information.
Thans for reading
8 thoughts on “Neutral home Remedies for Common Cold”
Your Lifestyle for Common Cold Disease: (Home Remedy to Cure Common Cold)
It ise usefull for my mom and grand father, I like your articles.
Thanks madan ji
Bhut badiya sir ji